IMTT has made changes to the school and classroom environments to meet the requirements outlined in the Guidance for post-secondary institutions during the COVID-19 pandemic as follows:
IMTT will continue to consult the various resources provided by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities, Federal and Provincial Government, and Local Public Health Authority to ensure we are operating in accordance with the most up to date COVID-19 guidelines.
We are enrolling students and scheduling in-person interviews with safety measures in place and in accordance with the Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
After making an appointment with our admissions officer you must provide one of the following before coming for your appointment:
- proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (for the purposes of this information, “fully vaccinated” means having received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by WHO (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); and having received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago.; or
- written proof of a medical reason, provided by a physician or registered nurse in the extended class that sets out: (i) a documented medical reason for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and (ii) the effective time-period for the medical reason; or
- proof of completing an educational session approved by IMTT about the benefits of COVID-19 vaccination prior to declining vaccination for any reason other than a medical reason. Here is the link to the approved session:
Where you do not provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with paragraph (a), but instead rely upon the medical reason described at paragraph (b) or the educational session at paragraph (c), you must provide negative COVID-19 antigen test result not older than seven days.
Visitors are asked to cancel their in-person appointment if they are displaying any COVID-19 related symptoms.
Your temperature will be measured on arrival and you will be asked to hand-sanitize and follow all social distancing and directional signs posted throughout campus. Mask is mandatory while on campus.
We are currently providing online and in-person training.
Hands-on machine shop labs are conducted in-person with a strict schedule to allow small groups in the workshop.
We have implemented COVID-19 Readiness Plan including the following safety measures to protect our campus community and prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Screening students, staff and visitors for COVID-19 related symptoms and checking their temperature
- All students, staff and visitors must follow all social distancing and directional signs posted throughout campus as well as adhere to hand hygiene practices
- All students, staff and visitors must wear their masks on campus
- Stay home when sick